Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Last Couple of Days..

I believe I haven't really posted much since Sunday. On Sunday we went to a church that is only allowed to be attended by foreigners. It is a way to let foreigners worship without being confined to normal Chinese laws concerning church. It was a great time of worship and afterwards we went out to lunch, and went and got massages, which I mentioned in an earlier post :-)
The last couple of days have been filled with shopping, and lots of walking. On Monday I got a little sick.

Lots of walking + LOTS of heat + little water = not feeling so good for about 24 hours.

On Monday we had been shopping all day and walking around the island Gulanyu. We were having such a good time I guess I didn't remember to drink much water. Needless to say I was out of commission for a good little while, sleeping and drinking lots! So yesterday (Tuesday) We were going to go to 10,000 rock botanical gardens, but decided to stay in for half the day and go in the afternoon. Last night for dinner Andy and I had another first.....we had SNAIL!!! It wasn't that bad either. Also Andy got his first pair of Air Force One's only costing him 80 Yuan, (If you do the math that works out to be about $11) and we even over paid, we should have gotten him to go lower....next time : -) Today we are going out to the Gardens, which is filled with lots of trails, caves, rocks, and other beautiful things! We will write more later.

1 comment:

julie h said...

I'm glad you are keeping a blog so I can stalk you! hehe. Eeeew snail. Drink lots of water Laura and I love you. :)